Monday, November 14, 2011

Stock Footage Clip Sighting

So I've been creating and selling HD stock footage for 4 years at iStockPhoto and it has been a great way to supplement my income whenever there are gaps in my calendar. Until now I had only seen one of my clips in use. At last I spotted #2... while watching "The Amazing Race" on CBS. I missed most of the commercial, but I saw a few frames of this shot which is a detail of an animated neon sign in San Francisco, California.

Fellow video producer OrlowskiDesigns spotted it too, identified it as a Discover.com ad, and notified me through a forum post.

Look very closely, and don't blink. At about 6 seconds, right after the shot of green underpants (what?)...

If you're a stock footage producer like me, you might understand my disturbing pride. I should be more blasé about such things, but it's so rare to find examples of your stock footage in use.

No comments:

Post a Comment